A33 – Programming basics in Microsoft Excel with the use of VBA
- Basic VBA information
- Review of work environment
- Storing macros
- Recording and writing of macros
- Editing recorded macro
2. Basics of the VBA language
- What is the procedure?
- Variables and its types
- Conditional instructions
- Loop instructions
- Objects, methods, attribute, arguments – explanation of the notions
3. Work with typical MS Excel functions
- Spreadsheet events
- Workbook events
- Working with forms
- Programming of events using built-in MS Excel functions
4. Communication with an user
- Downloading data from an user
- Transferring parameters
5. Basics of error handling
- Error types
- Basic methods of error handling
6. Basics of forms designing
- ActiveX control list
- Basic events for controls
Methods of the course performing
Multimedia lecture, classes, labs
Participants of our courses receive
- organized course and trainer
- tests that check the level of knowledge and skills in order to ensure that course participants have similar level of skills (performed on customer’s demand)
- didactic materials
- individual computer post for each of the course participants
- catering during brakes (coffee, tea, biscuits)
- lunch (vegetarian or traditional meals – smorgasbord)
- a CD with a set of exercises after the course completion
- certificate of the course completion
- free consultations with the course trainer up to 2 weeks after the course completion
- tests that check the level of knowledge and skills after the course completion (performed on customer’s demand)
The price of the course is established for the course with min. 6 participants.
There is a possibility to organize individual course or classes in small groups, contact us for more details!
We offer discounts for groups bigger than 8 people.
(recommended for widening students** knowledge)
- Office Package
- Programming courses
If you have ever met the term “Macro” and you want to learn how to write, using Visual Basic for Applications, basic modules that automate everyday activities, this course is for you. During the course you will meet basic elements of the VBA language. You will learn how conditional instructions, and loops work, and how to use them during programming. You will see and train ways of errors handling, events intercepting, and communicating with an user. You will learn how to use built-in Excel functions in the VBA procedures you will be creating. The course has a form of a lecture with special emphasis on practical exercises that illustrate issues discussed during the lecture.
Good Excel knowledge on intermediate level. Previous experience with VBA is required.
CoachMS Office Certified Trainer